- performing overhauls involving verification, repair and painting;
- maintenance and periodic inspections;
- emergency repairs;
- verification and repair of aircraft system components, except engines;
- extension of service life;
WZL Nr 2 S.A. is the main partner supporting and securing the operation of aircraft for the Armed Forces of the Republic of Poland, including Su-22, MiG-29, F-16 and C-130 Hercules.
The scope of activity includes:
- production and supply of disposable spare parts;
- development and deployment of control and measurement instruments and ground equipment;
- staff training;
- preparation of technical publications;
- MTOM < 5700.
Due to the acquisition of new types of airplane by the Polish Air Force, WZL Nr 2 S.A. consistently extends its maintenance capabilities to provide users with the highest support for F-16 and C-130.
WZL Nr 2 S.A. has the necessary personnel, equipment and infrastructure to perform repairs, periodic servicing and depot maintenance of C-130 aircraft. Since 2010 the Company has been executing C-130 maintenance contracts. Contracts have been executed for the PDM (Programmed Depot Maintenance) since 2015. In January 2016, a new hangar was commissioned for use; it consists of two parts: an aircraft hangar that can accommodate two C-130 planes, and a paint shop.
Capacity of WZL Nr 2 S.A. in the field of C-130:
- programmed depot maintenance (PDM),
- HSC and ISO periodic maintenance,
- development of technical bulletins,
- preparation of ordered bulletins,
- improvement of aircraft systems on site: replacement of airframe elements, replacement of aircraft system elements, checks and adjustments,
- performing NDI (non-destructive inspections) of airframe structures and elements,
- repair of units, as far as possible at WZL Nr 2 S.A., or in authorised service centres,
- design, production and operation of airport and hangar equipment,
- supply of spare parts and materials for direct wear,
- implementation of other tasks required and stipulated by the contract.
- D-level maintenance for chassis, pneumohydraulic and electrical components of F-16 aircraft,
- removal of paint coating by a Plastic Media Blasting method and repainting of F-16.
The modernization and equipping of aircraft with modern systems is becoming an important field of activity of Military Aviation Works No. 2. The Company has upgraded MiG-29, Su-22, TS-11, Mi-17, Mi-8 and Mi-2 aircraft by equipping them with the following systems: GPS, TACAN, VOR/ILS, anti-collision lights, UHF/VHF radio stations, transponders, KT/IFF and more. In 2007 a thorough modernisation of Su-22 aircraft was carried out for the Angolan Air Force, including installation and integration of a new mission computer, EGI laser platform, HUD, and multifunction display. In the years 2011-2014 the Company overhauled 16 MiG-29 aircraft of the Polish Air Force. It involved integrating modern avionics systems and developing an open architecture based on the new mission computer and MIL BUS 1553 B.
In November 2011, a prototype refit of Mi-8 helicopter was completed, along with the extension of service life and modernization. The Company has been authorised to perform serial refits of this type of aircraft.
Since 2015, verification refits of Su-22M4K and Su-22UM3K aircraft have been carried out, including the adaptation of instruments in the cabin to English units and installation of a new radio station.
The verification overhaul extends the aircraft service life for another 10 years.